Wedding trends continually evolve, and each year brings fresh ideas to inspire couples that are tying the knot. Décor inspiration for 2022 features fabulous wedding signs that can be incorporated into your wedding theme in a variety of elegant, glamorous and unique ways.
Wedding signage is designed to catch the eye and draw attention. It also provides a practical way to add a stylish personal touch to your big day.
If your dream wedding has serious DIY or rustic vibes, you can easily upgrade them by going eco-luxe. This popular wedding theme can utilise the best of traditional, formal and modern themes, and announce it in style with elegant wooden wedding signs.
As more couples consider the environmental impact of hosting a wedding, a greater number of venues and wedding suppliers and vendors are now offering eco-friendly wedding options. With a little imagination and some creativity, materials like reclaimed timber, reusable glass, chalkboard, or grabage salvaged and recycled items can be transformed into gorgeous on-trend décor, for an eco-friendly wedding that is high in glamour, but low on cost.
- Show off oversize wedding backdrop signs that are embellished with trendy typography, Mr & Mrs signage, or chic script.
- For a cute touch, you can also create a ring bearer sign, with a string or ribbon attached, for your young nephew to wear and display at the wedding ceremony.
Wedding signage that is made from durable and lightweight clear acrylic will elevate your wedding décor from stylish to ultra-trendy in an instant. As pieces of acrylic are virtually impossible to shatter or break, this material offers unlimited options for usage. It can be cut to any size, and signs can be displayed standalone or on an artist’s easel.
Acrylic is ideal for weddings that are modern rustic, contemporary chic, minimalist, or glam.
- Give your acrylic welcome sign a fashionable colour trend influence with a wash of bold colour that perfectly complements your wedding colour palette.
- Clear acrylic signs are ideal if you want to provide directions for your guests, without clashing with a venue’s décor or colour scheme.
Canvas & Calico
If you’re a romantic at heart, the wedding sign trend that is most likely to appeal to you showcases canvas/calico and quotes. The versatile, neutral tone materials offer unlimited design possibilities and décor options. It can be cut to size, attached directly to a wall or suspended from a frame. Calico that is decorated with beautiful cursive script and elegant motifs can create a unique signage banner for a trendy backyard wedding, or rustic or eco-friendly nuptials.
- Choose your favourite love quotes and display them around the wedding venue, to inspire your guests with romantic thoughts.
- Elegant calico banners look absolutely stunning dangling from a tree or beautifully framed with evergreen foliage, in or outdoors.
Couples wishing to inject personality and fun into their wedding theme can’t go wrong with the neon 2022 wedding trend.
Personalised neon signs can express whatever you want them too. You can keep it simple and classy with an oversized Mr & Mrs sign, or add a new twist to your décor with quirky messages that are lit up in bright lights.
- Funky neon signs that draw attention to the venue entrance, the bar, food stations, and your photo booth will show your guests that you have Insta-worthy on-trend style.
- For trendy technicolour weddings, that feature a bold and vibrant palette of hot colours, you can tone down the bling with a white light neon sign that is ultra cool and minimalist in design.
There’s no need for couples that choose a traditional or formal wedding, in 2022, to miss out on the hottest sign trends. Signs that are displayed in opulent and luxurious picture frames make an excellent alternative to wood, acrylic and recycled material signage.
Additional Trendy Signage Ideas
One of the reasons why wedding signage has become a must-have big day accessory is because it offers so much flexibility in terms of usage. Aside from announcing your wedding, and directing guests to the venue entrance, you can use signs for just about anything.
If you’re attending weddings as a guest in 2022, you can expect to see trendy signage popping up everywhere!
Beyond the ‘Welcome To Our Wedding’ sign that greets you on arrival, you may find signs that line the aisle, as well as signage that directs friends of the bride and friends of the groom on where to sit, or perhaps a sign that invites you to mix and mingle and pick the side of your choice!
If you spot an Unplugged sign at a wedding, it will alert you to the couples’ wishes. This type of sign may request that you switch off your mobile phone, or to keep the wedding ceremony camera-free. With no access to your device, you’ll be able to fully enjoy every moment of the celebration.
After the wedding vows have been exchanged, you’re likely to see stylish wedding signs that point you in the direction of the reception venue. At the photo booth, you could discover a selection of hand-held signs that can be used as fun props to add a touch of humour, when you’re striking a pose. If there is a Polaroid camera available, there may also be a sign that provides practical steps on how to use it.