Even if your film is amazing, only a small percentage of viewers will appreciate it if it is crooked. What are your options if you capture a video in the incorrect orientation? You may rip your hair out in misery as you attempt to figure out how to start over with a new video.
Another option is to rotate a video, which we encourage. You’ve come to the perfect place if you’re looking to learn.
This article will demonstrate several methods for quickly and easily rotating a movie. However, first:
What Does It Mean To Rotate A Video?
Rotating a video means spinning the image around on its axis at a certain angle. A video, by its content, hasn’t changed, but its orientation has changed.
Most of the time, videos are rotated because they were shot upside down by accident or filmed in a misaligned manner. For instance, the video is so obviously messed up if a tree stands at a 40-degree angle. How do we fix this? A 180-degree rotation is done to fix the upside-down filming, so the video is turned around and looks right-side up. Otherwise, it’s turned on its axis until it feels aligned.
Keep in mind that you will lose footage while doing this and might crop the video down for quality purposes.
How To Rotate Videos?
Online, you can do it all for free at https://online-video-cutter.com/rotate-video, whether you want to reuse your YouTube video or just need to change the orientation of your video quickly. To quickly rotate your films, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the website and click on ‘Open file’ located smack in the middle of the page.
- You can either drop your File from your local PC or pick them from your google drive, dropbox or simply copy and paste the URL.
- Once it uploads, decide which direction you want to rotate it.
- Save the rotated video and have fun with it!
The Google Photos app is one of the greatest ways to rotate videos on an Android phone. Google Photos is pre-installed on the majority of new Android phones, so there is no need to visit the app store to obtain it. You may download it for free from the Google Play Store.
1. Navigate to Google Photos and select the File you wish to examine.
2. To edit the video, tap on it and select “Edit.”
3. Select the video you wish to convert. It should be at the frame’s center.
4. Select “Rotate” until your movie is in the position you like.
5. Ensure that the video has been saved after being turned in.
On Windows Pc Using Windows Media Player
Windows Movie Maker is already installed on your computer if you run Windows. Although it has been decommissioned, it is still installed on most systems. Rotating a video in Windows Movie Maker is a simple process that takes only a few steps. Consider the following.
- In Windows Movie Maker, add a movie or photograph. You can add the movie to the Movie Maker workspace by dragging it in or clicking the “Add videos and pictures” icon.
- Once you’ve completed creating your movie, Windows Movie Maker may take a while to process it. When your movie is complete, check for the “Rotate right” or “Rotate left” icons. Select them based on how your video is currently configured.
- That is all! Your video has now been reversed. You must, however, save your video to ensure that this update is permanent. Navigate to the “Save movie” icon and select the appropriate choice if you wish to do so. That is all.
On Mac, Using Quicktime
You can effortlessly rotate your films using the built-in QuickTime Player on a Mac. Let’s have a look at how it’s done.
- Launch QuickTime and open the video. The videos created by most cameras and phones can be opened using this application. Right-click the video and select “Open With>QuickTime Player” from the context menu.
- Next, go to the menu bar and select “Edit,” then “Rotate Right,” or whichever rotation you need.
- The video will be orientated the way you want it when you’re finished. You must now save it by going to File> Export in the menu bar.
- Give your File a name, select a location to be saved, and click the “Save” button. Because QuickTime does not overwrite your original video, you can save the new version wherever you like. That is all there is to it.
Isn’t it quite simple to rotate a video on the Mac OS using QuickTime?! However, you can quickly flip a video on your iPhone. Let’s look at how to rotate a movie on your iPhone next.
Using your iPhone’s built-in photo/video editor, you can effortlessly rotate a movie.
- Open the pictures app and pick the video you want to rotate on your iPhone. Your video can be found under Photos>All Photos. Then, in the upper right corner of your screen, tap the “Edit” button.
- Next, tap the “Crop” symbol in the bottom right corner of your screen. This is the square icon with two counterclockwise pointing arrows surrounding it.
- In the top left corner of your screen, tap the “Rotate” symbol. This button has a square with a clockwise arrow around it. Simply hit the button two more times if you need to rotate the other way.
- When you’re finished editing your rotation, tap “Done” in the bottom right corner of your screen. Your rotated video should now be available on your Photos app!
That concludes our discussion of easy methods for rotating a movie.
You may now shoot any form of video you choose, secure in the knowledge that it can be corrected if it comes out in the wrong orientation.
If you’re a casual filmmaker, you’re probably satisfied with the editing choices on your device – whether Android, iOS, Windows, or Mac.