Some people might think that mattresses are not important, but they are wrong. Mattress is an essential item in every bedroom because it determines the comfort of your sleep. It is crucial to find the right mattress for you and your partner because a good night’s sleep can make a huge difference in your life.
Mattresses can also be divided into children (small sizes) and adults, on which people of any age can sleep. They can be choose as single or double.
Most often, people buy a mattress with a margin designed for two adults at once. It is important to know their preferences for stiffness, materials, allergies to something, and other parameters.
If one person wants a firm mattress and the other a soft one, a double-sided mattress can be a compromise solution with the organic bamboo sheets to spread as bedding sheet. In addition, it can last longer than usual.
Latex is the processed sap of rubber trees. Natural material is often used in the manufacture of mattresses. Its advantage is this:
- even distribution of the load on the body
- antibacterial properties will not allow dust mites and fungi to multiply
- low risk of allergies
- hygiene (does not absorb odors and moisture)
- does not creak
- can last up to 30 years
Coconut coir is a material consisting of natural coconut fiber. It is produced in India and Sri Lanka. Coconuts are harvested, soaked for several weeks, separated from the nut, sorted, and fastened into a single sheet. Often coconut coir is one of the layers in the mattress.
- naturalness (no chemicals and unpleasant odors)
- no rotting (can be used in rooms with high humidity)
- does not cause allergies
- antibacterial (bad bacteria will not multiply in it)
Animal hair is the raw material for wool, which is a natural material. Most often, sheep wool is used in manufacturing mattresses; less often – camel or llama wool.
- absorbs moisture well
- breathes (retains freshness for a long time)
- regulates heat (it is cool on the mattress in summer and warm in winter)
- adapts to the body
- healing properties (relieves pain in some diseases of the back)
- gets rid of odors
Most mattresses that are sold in stores are combined. They are like pies with many layers. As a rule, they have a spring block, a layer of hybrid latex mattress or polyurethane foam, coconut coir and a fabric cover. For example, Blue Sleep mattresses use:
- hypoallergenic stretch fabric
- Memory Foam layer (remembers the contours of the body)
- block of 2000 independent microsprings
- a layer of increased density
- cover that protects the mattress from dirt and moisture
It can be tough to figure out which mattress is right for you, but hopefully this guide has given you a good place to start.
Keep in mind that everyone’s needs are different, so it may take some trial and error before you find the perfect one. And don’t forget that a good night’s sleep is worth the investment – your health and well-being depend on it!
What kind of mattress do you have now?